Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 13, 2012

Dad had a great day today as well as yesterday.

Occupational therapy went well - he took a shower and changed clothes.

Physical therapy went great. 10 minutes on the bicycle, 30 reps on every exercise(up 10 reps), a walk outside, and five series of stairs (about 50 total steps).

Him and I played 30 minutes of black jack and my favorite drinking game (high/low/red/black) :) no beer though.

Food:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 ensure, 2 pieces of bacon , oatmeal(~660 calories)
Lunch: 6 oz chicken, 1 ensure, 5 carrots, 50% beans (~500 calories)

Be there tomorrow! Maybe for a walk outside again.

I'll be having him do 10 pullups in a matter of months.

2 comments:

  1. Becca,
    This is so encouraging and he seems to be making daily progress. Thank you again for your almost daily updates as I am always waiting to see how Brian is doing. God bless you all and please say hello for me. I did send a little packet of pictures with a letter and I hope that it will not confuse him. I am not sure where he is with regard to his memory so please let me know if contacting him is not a good idea at this time. Thanks again! Annette Kaufman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette,

    Anything you can do to help spark his memory is much appreciated. If you would like to call him in his room his number is 425-313-3831. Other then that, letters are great also! His email is: brianjones17@hotmail.com. We will be having him check that on a daily basis to get him used to a computer again.

    - Heath

    ReplyDelete