Brandon and I had different experiences today. He was there earlier in the day and I came after dinner.
Brian did good eating today. The Occupational Therapist is starting to have him write down who visits, what he ate, the date, etc.. Trying to make a connection with writing.
When eating lunch, he kept looking at the card they always put on the tray. Brandon said he kept forgetting he read it or even knew what it was. Short term memory was not good during the day.
After dinner, Becca asked him to write down what he ate at 5pm and 7:30. I told him all at once to write down a hamburger on the 5pm line and almonds & apple juice at the 7:30 line. I didn't have to tell him again and he was able to write them all down! I thought that was progress.
We were also talking about who came to visit and he said Heath, Brandon, and it seemed like many people that day. The only people in his book were Brandon and Phil & Marie. So we talked about that and about an hour later he mentioned again about seeing Phil (it had been awhile) according to him. He also talked about seeing Brandon too. Each prior day I had asked and he couldn't really say who came earlier, even if it was 10 min prior.
We need to keep the fluids going with him as he wasn't on the IV yesterday as he pulled it out again. We also need to start playing cards, cribbage, etc.. to keep him thinking.
We will be getting a 3 ring binder to be able to put in papers and daily charts for him to write in. We had been doing it in a small binder, but the staff felt it was better to have a larger one for him to have anywhere he goes.
We just found out he will be in Issaquah until the 22nd but we doubt much beyond that if any at all. He goes in for a lumbar puncture on the 18th and will hopefully get the results by the 22nd. This will give him 4 full weeks of antibiotics and the virus should be gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment