The ultrasound confirmed it is not a blood clot, another crisis averted!!!! Thank goodness! As Heath said the swelling has gone down quite a bit. There is only a slight difference now, where yesterday it was twice the size.
5pm - I was able to get him to drink a bit, but he was very tired and wasn't as good as he was yesterday. We feel the IV does wonders in his system but he keeps pulling it out and the nurses are getting frustrated.
While drinking his second shake I kept pushing him to drink it all and said he had to drink it all so I could leave. He then (how funny is he) says "so if I drink this all you will go?" I said yes, I need to get home! He never drank those last 2 ounces so fast so that I would leave!! haha I guess if that's how we have to play, then game, set, match!
I posted labels around everywhere in bright colors hoping to help, but I doubt it will do much (like Momento my husband reminded me to try). We also put a few labels on the wrap around the IV as well. They are also going to sit him on the couch by the nurses station to be able to watch him more since we can't always be there.
Thank you to Bob and Dorthy Herness for sending a card to my dad! I read it to him last night.
Tomorrow is Heath's birthday!!!! Make sure to wish him a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment