I haven't see my dad since Sunday as I was sick, so it was nice to finally see him again. Matt and I went to visit Brian at 8pm last night and he was up and walking around. What a difference 5 days makes! It really seemed like my dad was back. Almost 3 full weeks on antiobiotics and he is doing great! He still has no short term memory, but I have faith that it will come back since he is doing so well physically and getting better each day with his long term memory.
We went on a walk since it was still light out and then sat outside to chat for a bit. It felt so nice to not see him tired and wanting to sleep. He was wide eyed and if he didn't keep asking the same questions a few times, I would have thought there was nothing wrong!
When we were leaving we took him back to his room and he kept asking for his keys. I said he didn't have one a few times. I thought the funniest thing though was when we left and said good night he closed his door behind us! It was great to see as that's what anyone would do who wasn't sick anymore! :)
Two more days until the Lumbar Puncture to see if the virus is gone, but since it takes four days to get the results we won't know for sure until Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment