Loves his family, friends, wine, hiking, golf, and travel! Keep coming back to this blog for updates on Brian's progress!
Friday, July 20, 2012
July 18-20, 2012
Now that Becca has given me the responsibility to update the post, it is not current. I will do my best assuming I can remember how to do it? On the 18th, I got to drive my car! Well, I actually backed it out of the driveway so Heath could get the truck out. I then drove it back into the slot vacated by the truck. So that counts! I helped my son Heath spread beauty bark on Becca and Matt's flower beds for about 3 hours. I rested the morning of the 19th. Then Heath came and got me about 1:30 and we went for a 40 minute walk. We then went to Becca's for dinner. Got up late again on the 20th. Had a great breakfast of pancakes and fruit and coffee. Not Starbucks, but still good. Worked out the final details for new kitchen cupboards for my house in Mesa, AZ. Wow, that took some effort. Becca stopped by for a visit during lunch. Then after lunch, Heath came and took me outside for an hour of frisbee throwing. Heath is helping so much in bringing back my physical condition. The mental is still slowly working its way back. Received nice cards today from WWW who went with me on a Rick Steves tour of Italy. I am ready to go back. And a nice card from Karen Rosenberger (she was THE contracting officer for AWACS, her friend Jean, and Karen Holst (Whitmore). I do remember Jean, I think you ran the last 1000 yards in an attempt to beat me in the Port Angeles 1/2 marathon. Ok, the memory is a little unclear here, maybe you did win!? So many wonderful memories from so many people. I do remember you all. My problem is remembering what I did 5 minutes ago. My love to you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Brian,
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of you writing the blog! Who would have thought when we went to college together that you would become such a good writer? Who would have thought we would be "blogging"? You are great! I'm glad to comment to let you know there are many of us who read this and are pulling for you, dear friend! Maybe other people will start commenting more and I hope it becomes something you look forward to reading. Renee said she tried to comment but couldn't figure out how to do it. I'll try to help her! Keep up the good work!
Wanda and Carl
DeleteGetting better every day, although the short term memory is slow to return. That is why everyone is encouraging me to keep my daily journal. You know me and writing. I hope you are adjusting to your new home and surroundings. Take good care of my friends. Lol Brian
Thanks for the shout out Brian! I have been waiting to know if your memories included us but then I thought "Hey...how could he forget WWW!" Best time ever and so happy you were part of it for us!!
ReplyDeleteAnnie
DeleteHow can anyone forget WWW. You all are unforgettable! Yes, I am ready to go back to Italy, it was so much fun. So where are you all planning to go on your next adventure? I know something is in the works. My best to WWW. Lol Brian
there you go dad, now keep the updates coming daily :)
ReplyDeleteHeath
DeleteI have to admit that I did fall off the wagon. I have not been journaling. I will try to get it going again. And most of all, thank you for all of your support and love. Love you lots, dad
Hey Brian, I've been following all along and am looking forward to a golfing trip to AZ and maybe even taking in a Husky game down there. I am currently living in Southern CA and working on a project down here so hope you realize that I may not be able to visit as I'd like, but my thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteChris
DeleteGood to hear from you and good to know there is a golf stopping place on the drive from Washington to Arizona. How many golf courses are close to you? Just checking. Take good care.