Wednesday, August 15, 2012

August 15th, 2012



I went over to stay at my sisters house on 7 Aug .  Family Schmatz , Thomas and Corinna, with children Jonathan and Luisa, long time friends from Germany were staying there.  They live in Haibach which is east of Frankfurt, Germany.  They are wonderful and the kids are great.  I went with them all last summer and we hiked down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and stayed overnight in a cabin.  It was awesome.  We saw many great places and got lots of vitamin D.  After the wedding, they are all going to do the Grand Canyon hike again, except this time, they will hike down from the North Rim, stay one night and hike out the South Rim.  Then they will go hike Half Dome in Yosemite.  WOW!!!  We all had a great visit.  Then on Friday, my sister’s daughter’s wedding rehearsal and dinner were held.  And then, and then the wedding was held the very next day.  What fun.  I did not know that Ken could be dressed up that well.  Great job Ken.  I for one think that the wedding was perfectly executed.  The hard work by my sister and her husband and all, really came through.  A good time was had by all.  My cousin Kathryn, who had driven my mother up for the wedding,  kindly took me back to my place after the wedding.  Sis, thank you so much for the great week.  I know you worked hard in preparing for the wedding and it really showed.  Awesome.  I took just a few pictures with my cell phone.  So without further ado, here are the newlyweds (Shelley and Brad), who are in Hawaii as we speak.  Love to you all.











1 comment:

  1. Good job with photos and summary of the wedding. Sounds like you are doing much better and can't wait to see you again. Carl and I will be over near the end of August. Not sure of our dates yet.
    Still 100 over here in Kennewick. Ugg.....Too hot.

    ReplyDelete